adding grade center columns
tools in blackboard such as quizzes and assignments will generate grade center columns tied to the assessment automatically. if you need to create a column for entering grades manually, such as for an in-class test, follow the instructions below.
- navigate to the full grade center.
- click the create column button on the grade center action bar
- when the create column page opens, enter the column name and an optional description in the column information section. avoid adding special characters such as the "#" symbol.|
- choose the primary display type from score, letter, percentage, text, or complete/incomplete. this is the grade format that will display to the students. you may also choose a secondary display that will only be visible to you in the grade center.
- enter the points possible and add a rubric if you are using one to grade the assignment. if using a rubric, make sure the "show to students'" option is set as you want. the default is to not show to the students, which is not what most instructors choose.
- enter a due date if desired in the dates section.
- choose your options. select yes or no for including the column in grade center calculations ( weighting, averages and use in calculated columns), displaying to students, and showing statistics to students (average and median).
- click the submit button when you are done.